hey, i’m mad (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞
i put things together. i’m an artist and curator, processing emergent technology as a tool for creative inquiry, critical refusal, and sites for community care. my professional work aims at elevating the medium of generative art. my artistic practice makes use of scraps, embodies networked computation, and centers on process. art is a practice of life. everything i do is in service of love.
B.S.C, Media Arts & Studies, Ohio University, 2017
Contemporary Curating Certificate, Zurich University of the Arts
Areas of Specialization: Art History, Journalism
Curator, Art Blocks • April 2022 - Present
Identify and pursue new artists for Art Blocks with an eye toward increased quality and diversity. Organize regular artist-facing programming. Manage regular communications with the Art Blocks Curation Board and translate feedback with artists. Create and maintain artist resources and technical documentation.
Community Manager, Artwrld • November 2021- April 2022
Research field of Art NFTs, create content that allows inroads between the traditional art world and the crypto community. Curate programs for NFT fluency and literacy, exploration of contemporary art practice, and information about the creative possibility of on-chain art projects.
Program Manager, POWRPLNT, New York • February 2018 - November 2021
Develop curricula with emerging artists, organize youth-focused multi-day tech festivals with nationwide partners, and assist in turning POWRPLNT’s brick-and-mortar storefront into a mutual aid space providing food and PPE for BLM protesters and our neighbors.
Digital Community, Engagement, and Marketing Manager, Eyebeam, New York • February 2018 - November 2021
Responsible for managing long-term marketing projects from start to finish. These include the redesign and maintenance of Eyebeam’s website, management of paid social media marketing, and the direction of the overall strategic vision of all digital and physical output.
- Facilitator: “NFTs as Medium,” 21c Museum Hotel Chicago November 2022
- Speaker: “Why have there been no great women (nonbinary & trans) (generative) artists?” NYU IDM Colloquium, November 2022.
- “Data/Body: Corpus and the Cloud Empire of our Lives,” The Brooklyn Rail, September 2022.
- Author: “Apeing To The Right: Recent criticism of the Bored Ape Yacht Club asks if alt-right symbolism has infiltrated the NFT market,” Outland, Author, March 2022.
- Speaker: “On new ways of learning and teaching programming languages for the web,” The New School, February 2022.
- Panelist: “On Being Apart Together at Culture Hub,” Culture Hub March 2020.
- “Bushwick’s best-kept secret: Between Narcan trainings and online workshops, how POWRPLNT continues to serve community through the pandemic,” Document Journal, September 2022.
- “POWER UP: POWER UP 2021: Healing & Transformation Through Technology,” POWRPLNT, New York, August 30 - September 3, 2021.
- “Open Call: Abolitionist tools for digital wellness,” POWRPLNT, New York, March 2021.
- “POWER UP,” POWRPLNT, Online, October 8-9, 2020.
- Curatorial Assistant: “perceive(): A Community Curated Exhibition,” Art Blocks Gallery, Marfa, November 11, 2022 - November 11, 2023.
- Curator: “Mint #0: Exploring Generative Art On-Chain,” Future Galerie, Chicago, October 1, 2022.
- Creative Direction: “From the Rupture: Ideas and Actions for the Future,” Eyebeam, Online, February 17–20, 202.
- Communications Assistant: “Refiguring The Future,” 205 Hudson Gallery, Hunter College Art Galleries, New York, February 8-March 31, 2019.
- Gallery Assistant: “TRICONIS AETERNUS: RITES AND MYSTERIES,” Transfer pop-up #ONCANAL, New York, October 4 - November 18, 2018.
- Gallery Assistant: “BEHIND WHITE SHADOWS,” Transfer Gallery, New York, September 9- October 14, 2017.
- Advisory Board, POWRPLNT, Present.
- Practicum Leader: Code, Decolonized, 2021.
- Future Space Work Group: Synth Library NYC, 2021.
- Research Participant: The Current Museum of Art, 2020.
- Fellowship Review Panelist, Eyebeam Terms of Refusal Open Call, 2019.
- Choreographies Residency, Hiros, 2022.
- Professional Development Grant, Wave Farm, 2019.